Shubman Gill is an Indian international cricketer who has been playing as an opener and batter for the Indian team since 2019. He currently plays in all international cricket formats, but he is best known for playing ODI and Test cricket.
He also plays IPL cricket for Kolkata Knight Riders and Punjab team in India. In addition, he is the fifth Indian batsman to achieve a double century in one-day international play, joining Virender Sehwag, Rohit Sharma, Ishan Kishan, and Sachin Tendulkar.
|Shubman Gill Biography|
|Full Name||Shubman Gill|
|Born||Sep 08, 1999|
|Birth Place||Firozpur, Punjab|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm off-break|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||178 cm|
5′ 10″ Feet
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Shubman Gill Profile
Shubman Gill Batting Stats 🏏
Shubman Gill Bowling Stats
Kolkata Knight Riders
|Debut||International Cricket Career|
He made his ODI debut on 31 January 2019 in the match of New Zealand vs India at Hamilton
He made his T20I debut on 03 January 2023 in the match of India vs Sri Lanka at Wankhede
He made his Test debut on 26 Dec 2020 in the match of Australia vs India at Melbourne.
He made his IPL debut in Apr 14, 2018 against Sunrisers Hyderabad at Eden Gardens, Kolkata
|Jersey Number||77 (India-U19)|
|Records||He joins Rohit Sharma, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, and Ishan Kishan as the fifth Indian batsman to achieve a double century in one-day international play.|
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 351 runs in the Youth ODI Seies|
|School||Manav Mangal Smart School, Mohali, Punjab|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Family||Father – Lakhwinder Singh|
Mother – Kirat Gill
Sister – Shahneel Kaur Gill
|Favourite Cricketers||Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Bollywood Stars||–|
Shubman Gill Biography (Wiki)
Shubman Gill is a right-handed top-order batsman who is best known for his work in international, state-level, and IPL franchise cricket. He was born on September 8, 1999, in the small town of Fazilka in Punjab. Gill is an opener batsman for India who has scored a double century in ODI cricket.
For more such predictions visit our site: https://my11prediction.com/
Shubman Gill Way’s of Playing cricket
He is most well-known for his role as a batter in cricket. He bats with his right hand and is especially well-known for playing the opening position.
Shubman Gill Cricket Career
If Shubman Gill’s cricket career is taken into consideration, he began playing domestic cricket in 2017 and international cricket in 2019. Therefore, let’s examine Shubman Gill’s international and domestic cricket careers.
Adidas Mens Immute M Running Shoes; https://amzn.to/3KyXJcu
In 2017, he began his domestic career. He was also included for the first time in cricket’s List A format. Additionally, he made his list A debut on February 25, 2017, in the Delhi match between Vidarbha and Punjab. The following day, on November 17, 2017, he made his First Class debut in an Amritsar match between Bengal and Punjab.
Shubman Gill International Career
He was included in India’s ODI squad for the series against New Zealand for the first time due to his excellent and consistent performance in domestic and IPL cricket. Additionally, he made his ODI debut on January 31, 2019, in the Hamilton match between India and New Zealand. The following year, he made his Test debut on December 26, 2020, in the Melbourne match between India and Australia.
After that, seeing his good performance in ODI cricket, he was also included in the India T20I squad in the beginning of the year 2023.
And he made his T20I debut on 03 January 2023 in the match of India vs Sri Lanka at Wankhede.
In Fazilka, Shubhman’s father owned agricultural land where he once played cricket. His dad would request that the partners toss the ball this hoping for batsman.
Later, Shubhman’s family decided to move from Fazilka to Mohali so the player could get the right training. They leased a house close to Punjab Cricket Affiliation IS Bindra Arena.
- Shubman is the fifth Indian batsman after Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan to score a twofold 100 years in ODI cricket.
- Shubhman and Nirmal Singh went on to score 587 runs together, scoring 351 runs in a U16 game when he was only 14 years old.
- He is the only youth ODI batsman with an average of over 100. In addition, he was never dismissed before the age of 20 in any Youth ODI.
- In his debut for Punjab’s U16 team in the Vijay Merchant Trophy, he scored a double century.
- Shubhman made his first-class and List A debuts during the 2016-17 Vijay Hazare Trophy and 2017-18 Ranji Trophy seasons.
- He also contributed 278 runs in four innings to the U19s’ victory over England in youth ODIs played at home.
- Additionally, he was selected as Vice Captain for the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup.
- In 2018, Kolkata Knight Riders carried him into the IPL. The player, whose highest tournament score was 57, was sold at an auction for 1.8 crores.
- In addition to being named Emerging Player of the Tournament in the 2019 Indian Premier League, Shubman Gill was also named Best Junior Cricketer twice.
Uknown facts about Shubman Gill
- Shubman is the fifth Indian batsman to accomplish this feat in one-day international cricket.
- Shubhman has idolized Sachin Tendulkar since childhood, but Captain Virat Kohli is now his new favorite.
- He also enjoys football a lot, and Barcelona is his favorite team.